Friday 26 October 2018

Stencils galore

 I have been having great fun with stencils, experimenting with different techniques, mediums etc. Some are mylar but the majority are the rather gorgeous metal ones from #SweetPoppyStencils. I have been using clear, white gloss and black gloss paste with them and then sprinkling on either pixie powders, dusting with mica or sprinkling on glitter. In the top photo, I used the clear gloss to ensure the pattern stayed "clean" and then used pixie powders/shimmer shakers on the rest of the black cardstock to give a relief effect. The second card is white paste, then stamped perfect medium through the stencil when dry then mica powders on top. The third is white paste then I have blended distress oxides across the card, wiping clean the paste area to contrast. The fourth is pixie/shimmer straight onto wet white paste.
The four stencils in the photo were all bought at the Stamp Magic Show in June (Sweet Poppy have a stand). I have since bought more from Stamp Magic and online so photos coming of the new ones soon (A lovely christmas tree and snowflake mandala for starters!). I have some more ideas for using stencils in different ways that I want to try - if you see photos then it worked, if not.....  I also entered the Sweet Poppy design team call recently but I am not holding my breath as the standard of their DT teams work is absolutely stunning!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stencils galore

 I have been having great fun with stencils, experimenting with different techniques, mediums etc. Some are mylar but the majority are the...